VORP Thrift Store

VORP Thrift Store
Click the photo to visit the VORP Store on Facebook.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Message on Facebook from Crossville city council member Pam Harris

TO MY DEAR FACEBOOK FRIENDS & FAMILY:
As I was sitting in church service this morning, the Lord laid some things on my heart that I need to share with you. You know being an elected official is not easy. It's so very hard to sit back and take the public and private attacks; and, as I'm sure you know, you can't believe everything you hear or read in the papers or on facebook, etc. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. And when you have people threatening lawsuits and the like, you have to be so careful what you say. But, rather than spend time trying to defend myself against the sticks and stones, the Lord reminded me again to take the problem off the throne and to put him back on the throne so that he can do the work. So I offer this prayer for Crossville.
Dear Lord, I come before you with a broken heart and humbly ask that you PLEASE HELP CROSSVILLE. Please touch the hearts of our elected officials and the people of Crossville. Help us to stop pointing fingers at each other. Help us to stop verbally attacking our citizens and elected officials. Rather, teach us humility and a spirit of cooperation. I humbly ask that you forgive us for doing things that have hurt our community. I pray that you would help each of us to put a watch on our lips and what we say to others. I humbly ask for your blessings on Crossville and its people. I ask for your blessing on our educational system and our children. I ask for your blessing on our businesses both large and small. I ask for your blessing on the many volunteer organizations that are trying to make a difference in our community. I humbly ask for your blessing on our efforts for economic development. I ask for a renewed spirit of the Golden Rule to be placed upon the hearts of our elected officials and the people of Crossville. I personally ask for your forgiveness in those areas where I have failed you, and I ask for your strength to continue my service to the community with a heart of love. Give me a strong backbone tempered with a heart of compassion for others. I love you Lord and ask all these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.
(Posted by Pam Harris at 12:15 4-10-16 on her Facebook page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment