Candidate who have qualified as of August 8, 2016 include:
1) J. H. Graham, former mayor and councilman
2) Robert E. "Rob" Harrison,
3) Terri L. Manning
4) Jeanette W. Parsons
5) Scot Shanks
6) David E. Warner, former city councilman who served from Jan 1985-Dec 1992
In addition, several candidates have taken out qualifying papers but have not yet turned them back in including a new name Charles Cooper. The deadline to return the petitions with at least 25 registered city voters signatures is August 18 at noon.
1) Jerry T. "JJ" Brownstead
2) Charles Cooper
2) Barry Field (Field actually lives outside of the city limits and appears to be ineligible to run.)
3) Jesse Kerley, currently holding one of the council seats up for election
4) Jack E. Miller, former Crossville city manager
6) Ronnie D. Wyatt, owner of Wyatt Construction
Once the August 18 deadline has passed, qualified candidates have until August 25 at noon to remove thier name from the ballot.