The City of Crossville has posted a notice on the city's website seeking applications for the position of Police Chief. The Chief position has been in the news often this year as interim chief Rod Shoap resigned and then Mark Rosser was then appointed as interim chief.
The city will take applications through December 7. A copy of the listing is below.
CITY OF CROSSVILLE POSITION OPEN
CHIEF OF POLICE
The City of Crossville (population 11,246) is seeking resumes for the position of Chief of Police. Under the executive direction of the City Manager, the Chief of Police is responsible for planning, directing, implementing and evaluating the activities of the Police Department. Responsibilities include recruitment and selection of personnel, formulation of policies and procedures, and preparation of an annual budget. The ideal candidate must be P.O.S.T. certified and possess a Bachelor’s degree in Police Science, Public Administration, Criminal Justice, or related field. Candidate will have served as Chief, or Assistant Chief, a minimum of seven (7) years. Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the person with the knowledge and abilities required to perform the job may substitute for the above, at the discretion of the City. Consideration will be given for FBI National Academy and/or Southern Police Institutes and FBI Leeds graduate. Salary will be a minimum of $57,057.53 and negotiable DOQ/DOE. Position will also include a comprehensive benefit package. Other requirements include:
- Must possess a valid Tennessee operator’s license or obtain such
- Must reside within Cumberland County, or move into Cumberland County within 90 days of employment
- Meet annual P.O.S.T. in-service requirements
- Must have completed P.O.S.T. Law Enforcement Management and Administration training
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Must be examined by a City designated physician to make a determination if applicant will be able to meet the physical standards of law enforcement personnel
The City of Crossville is an EEO/Affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, color, disability or national origin.