VORP Thrift Store

VORP Thrift Store
Click the photo to visit the VORP Store on Facebook.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Crossville Memories: Old IGA Grocery Store on Highway 70E Rockwood Highway

This was the scene September 24, 2009, as the Old IGA Grocery Store on Highway 70-E Rockwood Highway came down.  The store was one of the last grocery stores on the east side of Crossville.  The lot remains empty at the current time.   Photos by Jim Young-all rights reserved.


                            



1 comment:

  1. Jim,
    I remember the IGA store well as my parents used to go there all the time as a child back in the late 1970's and early 1980's...I think it was owned by a Kline and a Blaylock, is that correct? I went to school with one of them at Homestead. I thought that it was torn down earlier than 2009? Why was it torn down anyway? It seemed to do a steady business to me. Also, do you have any pictures of the old Masonic hall that used to reside behind the remaining Regions Bank drive through located on Main street and behind the old Cumberland Thrift on Hwy 70E? That lot is still vacant as well,I believe. That Masonic lodge building was a large, older two story building and it was torn down around 1980 or so?

    ReplyDelete