VORP Thrift Store

VORP Thrift Store
Click the photo to visit the VORP Store on Facebook.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Lawsuit pits family campground against neighboring nudist camp.

A lawsuit filed April 3rd in Cumberland County Chancery Court claims that a family campground and a nudist camp are incompatible next door to each other and asks that the nudist camp should be stopped from operating.

The lawsuit, “Luker Family Enterprises, LLC VS Danny Davis as owner of Cherokee Garden of Eden” says that the Luker family own and operate a 30 plus acre resort style family campground that has been open since 2014. While the lawsuit doesn't identify the name of the campground, the address listed in the suit for the plaintiffs is the location of Davy Crockett Campground located on Trails End Rd off of Plateau Road in western Cumberland County.



The Luker family purchased their property from the defendant, Danny Davis and the suit states there was a verbal agreement between the parties that no nudist campground or any other type of campground would be located anywhere on the defendant's adjoining properties. The boundary between the two properties includes a lake that both parties share, open air fence and wooded area. The parties also share an entrance road to the properties.

According to the suit, “campers and minor children are at risk of of being exposed to naked adults” who could be visible across the lake or through the wooded area. In addition, sharing the lake could lead to exposure as well.

“The mere existence of a nudist campground next to the family campground will destroy the plaintiff's business and cause customers and campers to never return,” claims the suit. The suit seeks a temporary restraining order to close the nudist camp and require the owners to remove all internet and all forms of advertising including signage.

The suit, filed by Crossville attorney Will Ridley,  seeks a permanent order prohibiting the opening of a nudist camp on the adjourning property as well as damages, court costs and expenses to be determined by the court.


The nudist camp's Facebook page is no longer accessible though other internet information remains on the web.   

2 comments:

  1. Verbal agreement? Does that even stand up in Court?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A verbal agreement need not be considered in this case since nudism is about de-stressing, relaxing, and returning to innocence. It's about accepting yourself and others for who you are rather than what you look like, own, or wear. It's the great human equalizer.
    Why is it that nudist parents need have little or no concern for the well being of their children, not even after they reach the age of puberty? The natural curiosity about the opposite sex has been
    satisfied and the young people grow through their teens without most of the "hangups" that plague their peers who have not had the advantages gained through social nudism . As nudist children grow into young men and women, the family unit tends to become more closely knit because they share a common interest with their
    parents . Compare this with society on the whole .
    Children are natural nudists as many parents know who have had trouble teaching them to keep something on. One need only observe a group of youngsters playing together in a nudist environment to realize they take to the idea as a duck takes to water.
    There are more than 200 clubs, camps, parks, resorts, and retreats across North American and beyond. My Nudist Retreat has 2 school less than one mile from it.
    My personal story:
    How and at what age did you become a naturist?
    Growing up in Long Beach, LI, NY, I came to dislike sand as it often got trapped within the swimsuit. I always changed into a dry suit as soon as possible. I very disliked sleeping in a nightgown or pajamas as the nightclothes always were tangled up around me. Often times, I would toss them off and sleep much better.

    Fast forward to my first experience with nude recreation. I was vacationing at a resort in the Caribbean. The first two days were spent on the beach sitting in a soggy swimsuit and being chafed by sand. I signed up for a day boat trip and picnic at a beach on an island away from the resort. As we were leaving, I discovered that the excursion was to an island with a nude beach! I decided to go anyway, thinking no way was anybody getting me out of my suit. I stood firm, and in fact, was the last person to give in and shed my swimsuit - I was the last one to get dressed to return to the resort. Why hadn't someone told me about this sooner? I was hooked, and that was over 50 years ago. The phrase, "nude when possible, clothed when practical," definitely describes me. I do wear at least shoes when vacuuming the house though as I have a habit of running over my toes with the vacuum cleaner.
    I admit that my first reaction was that this is something that was not an acceptable practice. I was unaware that there are national organizations and did not know anyone who could shed light on this relaxing way of life. The literature available today, tells it like it is. Everyone will tell you that once you have made your first visit, the feeling of apprehension will vanish. Until you experience a thing for yourself, words cannot tell you how you should feel or how you should act or react.

    What sort of people will I meet. You will meet doctors, lawyers, clergymen and women, taxi drivers, accountants, secretaries, warehouse-men, waiters, school teachers, moms, dads, grandparents, teenagers, infants.We are your neighbors, your friends.
    It's a wonderful feeling to meet entirely new people and enjoy new interests and activities. There is a peculiar thing you have to experience to believe, but there is a friendliness about nudists that you will generally not find in any other group. I have come to count our nudist friends among my closest. They seem to always be there for me, for us.

    ReplyDelete