This draft will be considered by the Crossville city council at their regular July meeting Thursday July 14 and if approved, will be forward on to the county commission for their possible consideration on Monday July 18.
The main points of the agreement are as follows:
- Purpose of Agreement: The purpose of this Agreement is to memorialize the terms of the
Agreement between the parties for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the Crossville/Cumberland County Joint Recreation Facility and to enhance the quality of life for the Citizens of this great County/City. The terms of this agreement will only take effect in the event that the majority of citizens vote by county wide referendum in the November 2016 election to approve a county property tax increase to pay for the construction of the facility.
- Real Property Transfer: The City of Crossville will transfer up to 18 acres of land to Cumberland County for a construction site necessary for the recreation facility.
- Fiscal Responsibility: The County shall be responsible for the cost of construction of the facility which shall not exceed twenty million dollars and contemplated to be an approximate 66,000 sf facility that would include:
- 16,000 sf gym with two high-school size courts and one college size court
- Walking track
- Competition swimming pool with eight, 25-yard lanes
- Warm water pool
- Outdoor leisure pool with deck and water park-type amenities
- Wellness Center
- Martial arts/gymnastics room
- Dance and aerobics exercise room
- Locker rooms
- The City will be responsible for operating the facility and the cost of such operation. The City of Crossville and Cumberland County shall share equally in the maintenance of the facility once constructed. This Agreement to share equally does not preclude the periodic contribution by either government to a special project on the property.
- Grants: Grant applications shall be filed in the name of the respective government, i.e. grants funds sought for a program or facility in the City shall be filed by the City. Grant applications for funds sought for a program or facility in both the City and County may be filed by either government. Such applications, however, shall require the approval of both governments. Upon receipt, grant funds and any construction or purchasing required as part of the grant shall be administered by the applicant.
- Effective Date and Duration: This Agreement shall not become effective until the first working date following the occurrence of all of the following events:
- The approval of this Agreement, by resolution, motion or otherwise by the respective legislative bodies of the Parties; and
- The approval of the resolution allowing a county wide referendum; and
- The passing of a county wide referendum by a majority of the voters.
This Agreement shall remain in effect until terminated upon written notice to the other Party.