Two city council seats are up for election on the November 8 ballot and the deadline for candidates to qualify is August 18 at noon.
Candidates who have qualified as of July 26, 2016 include:
1) J. H. Graham, former mayor and councilman
2) Robert E. "Rob" Harrison,
3) Terri L. Manning
4) Jeanette W. Parsons
5) Scot Shanks
Additional potential candidates who have taken out petitions but not turned them in yet include:
1) Jerry T. "JJ" Brownstead
2) Barry Field (Field actually lives outside of the city limits and appears to be ineligible to run.)
3) Jesse Kerley, currently holding one of the council seats up for election
4) Jack E. Miller, former Crossville city manager
5) David E. Warner, former city councilman who served from Jan 1985-Dec 1992
6) Ronnie D. Wyatt, owner of Wyatt Construction
Candidates who qualify do have one week after the August deadline to remove their name form consideration if they choose to do so.